58000 Grand River Avenue
New Hudson, MI 48165 
Phone: 248-437-2240
Fax: 248-437-2336

Mondays through Thursdays, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Fridays, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Downtown Authority Economic Development Environment Site Map



About Us

Local Government







Contact Us

Follow Us

Problem Contact List

Return to: Zoning Enforcement

Contact the Lyon Township Zoning Enforcement Officer at 248-437-2240 or via email with questions or concerns regarding:

  • Signs, including business identification, entryway, sale or lease, garage sale, open house, and grand opening
  • Fences
  • Weeds and unmowed lawns
  • Dumpster or storage concerns
  • Litter and storage of trash receptacles
  • Inoperable, scrap, or unlicensed vehicles (on private property)
  • Commercial vehicles parked in residential areas (on private property)
  • Zoning violations
  • Home occupations
  • Recreational vehicle storage
  • Public sidewalk repair and snow removal
  • Outdoor storage of appliances, household furnishings, or fixtures
  • Excessive pets (more than 3 dogs or cats in a dwelling)
  • Failure to pick up animal waste
  • Soil erosion and runoff
  • Open or unsafe structures

Contact your Homeowner's Association with concerns regarding:

  • Subdivision Deed Restrictions or Condominium Master Deed Restrictions
  • Landscape maintenance (other than lawns and weeds over 8")
  • Maintenance of private roads and common areas

Contact the Oakland County Sheriff Department at 248-437-5600 (general line) or 248-858-4950 (non-emergency dispatch) with concerns regarding:

  • Traffic violations
  • Barking dogs
  • Repeatedly loose or dangerous animals (may also contact Animal Control at 248-391-4102)
  • Animal cruelty (may also contact Animal Control at 248-391-4102)
  • Inoperable, scrap, or unlicensed vehicles (on public property)
  • Dumping or littering
  • Noise complaints or after hours construction activity

Contact the Lyon Township Fire Department at 248-486-3775 with concerns regarding:

  • Disabled fire suppression or alarm systems
  • Blocked or locked emergency exits
  • Overcrowded venues
  • Open burn permits

Contact the Road Commission for Oakland County at 877-858-4804 with concerns regarding:

  • Maintenance of public roads and traffic devices

Contact the Oakland County Health Department at 248-926-3300 with concerns regarding:

  • Restaurants
  • Wells and on-site sewage disposal systems (drainfields)
  • To report dead birds (typically crows, blue jays, or ravens) or if you have concerns regarding West Nile Virus, call 877-377-3641

Contact the Lyon Township Building Department at 248-437-2252 with concerns regarding:

  • Building Code violations
  • Unsafe buildings

Contact Lyon Township at 248-437-2240 with the following concerns regarding municipal sewer:

  • Billing, permits, and general issues
  • Sewer emergencies - contact Anthony Dowson at Highland Treatment at 248-889-1922.  If you leave a message, please leave your name, phone number, and address.  Also be sure to state you are from Lyon Township.

Contact the Oakland County Water Resources Commissioner's Office with the following concern regarding municipal water:

  • Billing and service issues: 248-858-1110
  • Permits and other issues: 248-858-0958
  • Emergencies (24-hour):  248-624-6366

Contact the DEQ - Pollution Emergency Alerting System at 800-292-4706 (24-hour hotline) with concerns regarding:

  • Odors or other problems with oil wells
  • Tanker accidents
  • Pipeline breaks
  • Release of reportable quantities of hazardous substances as required

Back to Top


  Events Calendar >

Latest News
Meeting Canceled
July 17th Parks & Rec Meeting
more >
Burn Ban Lifted

more >
Road Closure
Currie Road in Salem Township, starting Thursday, July 19th
more >
Annual Dog Census
Starting approximately August 6th
more >
Napier Road Open
Between 9 Mile and 10 Mile
more >
All News Articles >
Copyright 2018 - Lyon Township   Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Login